Wednesday 2 February 2011

Thursday Practise

We have ongoing issues with Thursday practise at the dojo

The issues are that we don't have enough coach cover & we are not breaking even on Subs alone.

I can't make the second practise work and carry on my studies. Due to the arrival of 'baby Jarrett' - sempai cant realistically make 2 sessions a week either His priority (directed from me) is to gain San dan this year so he needs to attend Mondays.

We have no other qualified coaches and this is an issue both for the BKA and the Leisure centre.

I've been able to justify to myself that practise could be carried out safely when Jarrett has been able to keep an intermittent eye on things.

Now I'm not happy with the situation and something has to change here are the options as I see them;

We suspend Thursdays until we have at least another 2 coaches qualified and able to supervise the sessions
We would reduce subs to reflect this - probably to £15 a month as this seems to be the level we can survive on.
We would hope to get people qualified within 3 months and review the situation.

Second option is to cancel the session altogether and reduce subs accordingly.

Third option is to carry on but make Thursday Yudansha (i.e. dan grade) only and make it a peer to peer practise. I'm not keen on this as it means a small practise not open to everyone.

Please discuss this, my preference at the moment is option 1, I need to make a decision on this fairly soon Other practise can be found at Pompey (Wed, Sat), Reading (Tues), Mytchet (thurs), Mumeishi (Tues, Sun), Kodokan (various).

It would probably be a good idea to discuss car (and fuel cost) sharing to get to some of these sessions.

Regards

Phil.

No comments:

Post a Comment